Tips on train travel -
Traveling by train is a good way to de-stress from everyday life, or maybe even from your hard work on the road while traveling. I can think of a few reasons why.
Here are two:
- you don’t have to drive yourself
- you don’t have to be scared of reckless bus drivers and the stunts they’re pulling
Next to the de-stressing character of a train journey there are other reasons why you might choose to travel by train:
- it’s relatively cheap
- you get to know more about your fellow train travelers, which are – most of the time – local people
- you can minimize your ecological footprint
- it’s a solution for those who are afraid of flying and are tired of going to their neighbouring country for the 10th time in a row
Whatever reason you have: traveling by train is a good alternative to flying. And the best part: you get to completely enjoy the journey and focus on the country, because there’s nothing you have to do except to sit back and relax.
If you’re looking for information about how traveling by train works, which train journey you can take, how to buy your tickets, useful links etcetera, you can check out the website seat61 from Mark Smith. He’s an expert on the subject. His website offers you tons of information about different aspects of traveling by train.
Have fun exploring all the possibilities and after that: just sit back and enjoy the ride!